21 June 2007

2007 Candidate Matches - Update and Logo

I updated my page on the 2007 Candidates Matches to record the match results and PGN game scores. I wanted to add the logo for the matches, but it's not clear what the official logo was. Both of the logos in the following image were used. Neither is particularly interesting.


The logo in the upper image, used on the playing stage and the player's cards, can be seen in many images from the FIDE site, e.g. Rd 2 Game 1. I couldn't find a nice copy of it, so I cropped one of the FIDE photos. Apologies for its low quality; it was the best I could find.

The logo in the lower image was used on the official site, Globalchess.eu, and on the Chessbase.com site starting with their report Arrival in Elista. It's also not clear if the horse head was designed only for the candidate matches, or will be used for future World Championship events.

No comments: