- Anand faces difficult situation against Carlsen, after game 8
- Short draw, a shot in the arm for Anand [game 9]
- Game 10: Carlsen closes in on title
- Chess: Pressure could be decisive at the business end, after game 10
- Anand fumbles, Carlsen retains crown with a game to spare [game 11]
- Carlsen retains World Chess championship, after game 11
- Carlsen reigns supreme again
The week's tally of +1-0=2 gave Carlsen +3-1=7, or 6.5-4.5. The match was over and Carlsen had retained his World Champion title for two more years. There was a controversial, newsworthy guest at the closing ceremony.
Putin, Anand, Carlsen, Ilyumzhinov
After congratulating the players, Vladimir Putin, President of the Russian Federation, said, 'This match was followed by millions of people. Chess is considered a great part of world culture.'