07 December 2016

2016 Carlsen - Karjakin

I added the crosstable and PGN game scores to my page on the recently concluded 2016 Carlsen - Karjakin title match. Then I added the event against both names on the Index of Players.

While I was working on this match, which ended in tiebreak, I looked at the two previous matches that went to tiebreak -- 2006 Kramnik - Topalov and 2012 Anand - Gelfand --- and noticed that the tiebreak games were not explained adequately. I added some brief notes for the 2006, 2012, and 2016 matches.

Another point isn't even worth mentioning, so of course I'll mention it. I found two different (but similar) logos in use.


Left: www.fide.com
Right: nyc2016.fide.com

The left logo is the one that I use on my 2016 Carlsen - Karjakin page; I found it on fide.com, linking to the official site for the match. The right logo is from the official site. Note that the board orientations are flipped.

No comments: