- The original FIDE notice: Update on the Topalov - Kamsky match 'Bids for the WCC Challengers Match Kamsky - Topalov 2008 : FIDE has accepted an offer for the WCC Challengers Match Kamsky - Topalov 2008 by the Bulgarian Chess Federation. This offer included a net prize fund of 150,000 USD and has been approved by the FIDE Presidential Board since June 2007. However, after the recent FIDE Presidential Board meeting in Singapore and following discussions with all parties involved, FIDE has decided the following in order to try to improve the financial terms and conditions for both players: a) if by 11 April 2008, FIDE receives a bid with a net prize fund of 250,000 USD...' [12 February 2008; susanpolgar.blogspot.com; FIDE text dated 11 February 2008]
- Bids for the Match V.Topalov - G. Kamsky 'FIDE President has authorised the extension of the deadline for receiving bids for the match V. Topalov - G. Kamsky until April 23rd 2008. FIDE has accepted an offer for the WCC Challengers Match Kamsky - Topalov 2008 by the Bulgarian Chess Federation...' [9 April 2008; Fide.com]
- The original FIDE notice was changed later: Bids for the WCC Challengers Match Kamsky - Topalov 2008 'FIDE President has authorised the extension of the deadline for receiving bids for the match V. Topalov - G. Kamsky until April 23rd 2008.' [dated 19 February 2008; Fide.com]
- WCC semi-final match Kamsky-Topalov 'The official announcement concerning the host country of the WCC semi-final match Kamsky-Topalov will be published and distributed by Monday 12 May 2008.' [5 May 2008; Fide.com]
- Press Release / Kamsky - Topalov 2008 'FIDE received today the following bid from Mr Alexander Chernenko, manager of GM Gata Kamsky, for the WCC Challengers Match 2008 Kamsky - Topalov. The World Chess Federation is expecting the confirmation of the wire transfer from its bankers in Switzerland in order to finalise all the remaining details for this great event.' [15 May 2008; Fide.com]
- FIDE President guarantees Topalov-Kamsky Match 'FIDE President Kirsan Ilyumzhinov has announced that the World Championship Challenger Match between Veselin Topalov (Bulgaria) and Gata Kamsky (USA) will take place in Lvov, Ukraine in November 2008. The organiser offered a prize fund of 750,000 USD and to hold the match on the “neutral” territory of Ukraine, as the players wanted to avoid Bulgaria or the USA. FIDE President Kirsan Ilyumzhinov guarantees the organiser’s offer by backing the event from his personal finances.'[1 June 2008; Fide.com]
To be continued?