- 2008-11-24: December Grand Prix moved from Doha to Elista ('The Nunn Plan for the World Chess Championship'; Chessbase.com)
- 2008-11-25: Topalov: 'I don’t see a reason there should be any changes' (Chessvibes.com)
- 2008-11-25: Ilyumzhinov announces Candidates Tournament (Chessvibes.com)
- 2008-11-25: More FIDE Shenanigans (Chessninja.com)
- 2008-11-26: The 79th FIDE Congress completed its session in Dresden (Fide.com)
- 2008-11-27: FIDE decides on a new Candidates format (Chessbase.com)
- 2008-11-27: Ilyumzhinov: 'Candidates Tournament in Spring 2010' (Chessbase.com)
- 2008-11-29: Chess in Space (Chessninja.com)
- 2008-12-04: Bidding Procedure for the World Championship Cycle 2009-2011 (Fide.com)
- 2008-12-05: Carlsen and the Candidates Debate (BCMchess.blogspot.com)
- 2008-12-06: Levon Aronian: FIDE must reverse its decision! (Chessbase.com)
- 2008-12-06: Aronian Joins Protest Against FIDE WCh Changes (Chessninja.com)
- 2008-12-28: Conference with top GMs (Fide.com)
- 2008-12-29: Ivanchuk proposes a Candidates' tournament with 14 players (Chessbase.com)
- 2008-12-30: Wait, We Can Still Make It Worse (Chessninja.com)
- 2009-01-01: January 1st 2009 (Magnuschess.com)
- 2009-01-03: Conference of top players in Elista
- 2009-01-05: Vladimir Kramnik on the World Championship Cycle (part one; Chessbase.com)
What's the consensus?
- Timing: Poor, don't introduce it mid-cycle.
- Format: Good, but only as a candidate's event, not as a title event.
- Privileges to certain players: Depends what you think of a particular player.
Post a Comment