- 2017-09-13: C28 Regulations for World Cup Qualifiers
The list of qualifiers for the current cycle was published over the summer in World Cup 2019 Qualifiers and Contract (fide.com). Using the details in the related PDF document, I developed the chart shown below. The left side of the chart shows qualifying paths which were not taken from a standalone tournament, plus a count of players who qualified via each path. The right side shows a count of the players who qualified via direct competition, either a continental championship or a zonal.
My procedure for the previous cycle continued with the following steps:-
- 2017-09-20: C28 Zonals 'I identified 27 events that served as World Cup qualifiers.'
- 2017-09-27: C28 Zonals Indexed 'Continuing with C28 Zonals, I added the 27 events identified in that post to my [index] page on the World Chess Championship Zonals.'
- 2017-10-18: C28 Zonal Clippings 2016
- 2017-10-25: C28 Zonal Clippings TWIC
- 2017-11-01: C28 Other Zonal Clippings
- 2017-11-08: C28 Zonal Qualification Paths
- 2018-02-07: C28 Zonal Rating Reports
- 2018-02-14: C28 Zonal Links
In hindsight, I can't believe it took so many steps to document the zonals++, but so it seems.