14 December 2022

2022-23 Women's Candidates, Pool B

A few weeks after I posted the results of the 2022-23 Women's Candidates, Pool A (November 2022), the results of the second half of the event are available. At the end of the 'Pool A' post, I wrote,
Unfortunately, circumstances intervened and I ran out of time. Instead of updating the page, I'll add a summary of Mark Crowther's most recent report. Thanks, Mark. I'll add my own work to my page when 'Pool B' finishes.

The referenced page is the 2022-23 Women's Candidates Tournament (m-w.com). In the interest of consistency, I'll document 'Pool B' in the same way for this blog.

I updated the '2022-23 Women's CT' page by adding a few more references to news from FIDE.com. I'll add the crosstables and PGN to my own page as soon as I get a chance.

The FIDE Calendar (fide.com) doesn't yet list the Candidates final match between GM Lei Tingjie and GM Tan Zhongyi, both from China. The winner will play the current Women’s World Champion, GM Ju Wenjun, also from China. That title match is also not listed. Tournaments for the following cycle -- the Women's World Cup (July 2023) and the Women’s Grand Swiss (October) -- are already scheduled.

No comments: