09 August 2023

Back in the Saddle

After a six week break -- the previous post on this blog was 2023 World Championship Side Events (June 2023) -- it's time to tackle some of the events that have taken place since the beginning of the year. In particular, I fell seriously behind in documenting women's events.

I created a new page for the recently concluded 2023 Ju Wenjun - Lei Tingjie Title Match (m-w.com), and added it to the index for the World Chess Championship for Women (ditto). The logo is shown below.


Source: FIDE Women’s World Championship Match

The new page needs a crosstable and PGN. The same goes for the previous event, the 2022-23 Women's Candidates Tournament (ditto; missing 'Stage II', played '27 March - 6 April 2023'). The title match should also be included on the Index of Women Players.

Last year I stopped adding new pages for the next cycle of the Women's World Championship. For this current post I did the same for the unrestricted championship (aka 'Open' according to current terminology), indexed on my site's main page, The World Chess Championship (ditto). From now on, I'll rely on links to Wikipedia to document future World Championship events.

There's more to do, but that's a good start. I'll fill in the blanks during the coming weeks.

No comments: