23 December 2020

C01-C29 IZ/KO to QP

The title of last week's post, C15-C29 QP for IZ/KO, used enough codes to put it on the AAP most wanted list, where AAP stands for the Assault on Acronyms Program. Let's break those codes down:-
C15-C29:
World Championship cycles 15 through 29 • This is my own numbering system for keeping track of the often overlapping cycles.
QP:
Qualification Paths • How the various players qualified to play in the cycle
IZ:
Interzonal
KO:
Knockout • The FIDE format for World Championships and World Cups since C17

Putting it all together, the post 'C15-C29 QP for IZ/KO' linked the QP page for each referenced cycle to the corresponding IZ/KO page. The earlier cycles, C01-C14, had already been done. At the end of the post, I wrote,

The next step will be to link the IZ/KO/WCup pages back to the corresponding QP page.

Since I had already prepared this in the earlier post Qualification Paths for IZ/KO Events (December 2020; 'To facilitate the crosslink action, I developed a table of pages that need to be changed.'), the task to link the IZ++ pages was relatively straightforward. There were 38 such pages.

While I was working on those two previous posts and this current post, I had the opportunity to review all of the 29 QP pages as a matched set, and all of the 38 IZ++ pages as another matched set. (C09-C14 had two or three Interzonals each.) I identified a number of discrepancies that I'll tackle in another post.

No comments: